HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:26 AM
jcduckman
Spike

Default Back from Mirage outfitters

Hello all, the caribou moved from the end of laforge 1 road km106 down to km m42 while we were there it is a 70.2 mile drive from mirage, many caribou but not huge numbers. We harvested six and saw some huge bulls with no horns that we could not harvest but what a great sight. Meals and accomodations at mirage were good, they gave us turkey on thanksgiving day which was nice, gas was 181. per liter there, you see many ptarmigan a few spruce grouse, many fox red and black, we saw 2 wolves ,a marten, a varinig hare,
a mink, and it was a great trip we hope and plan to go back in four years only because the next three years have already planned out for family trips.
When we left the caribou had moved down to km 20 and below and were crossing between la1 and la2 on the transtiaga raod, every one was tagging out.
Wonderful trip we learned alot for our first time , I suggest going with someone who has done it before, the rules for James bay unit are different than Quebec and you wont know that until you are there or some one tells you.
Good luck to everyone and now I must process my two boos.