HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I have a problem with my Browning
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
paulie300
Spike

Originally Posted by fritz1
I have owned a ton of Remingtons and most of the hunters I know use Remingtons, and believe it or not I have never had, nor has any one I know had one go off when the safety has been taken off. All the stories of this happening is caused by some idiot thinking they are qualified enough to adjust the trigger pull on one instead of taking it to someone that actually knows what they are doing.
okay, if you say so.

don't Google "remington safety issues" because you might find out that it has nothing to do with anyone... I mean "some idiot", as you so eloquently put it, adjusting triggers, although that would also cause some problems like that. Some manufactures ( like browning ) have trigger adjustments parameters and its impossible to make adjustments beyond, cool huh?
I like remingtons, when I owned my gun store I sold a lot of them, I even own a few. I didn't sell "tons" of them but certainly several hundred during my tenure and never did I have one customer have that safety issue.

I did have one 700 fan come in complaining that his gun wouldn't hit a standard sized target at 25 yards. He didn't have the gun so i borrowed him a boresighting set and showed him how to diy, and I sold him 2 boxes or .270. A couple days later he was back to return the boresighter but it didn't work: the gun still didnt shoot for crap, he said he'll bring it in so I can make sure the scope isn't screwed up and get a second opinion. He brought the gun in and I made sure the gun was unloaded and put an expandable arbor boresighter in the barrel; fits .25 cal through .45 caliber. Everything was working fine so he agreed with me and we took the scope off right down to the bases. Loose bases weren't the problem but he thought taking it apart, re-loctiteing the bases was the answer which I wasn't so sure was the answer. I offered to take it to a range and shoot it myself and even offered the guy a different scope to try, he refused. I put his gun back in his case and as he was headed out the door he said, " I almost forgot!!! I need a couple more boxes of .270!" I asked him to see his gun again. Confused, he opened up case and handed me his gun.

....I handed him back his 30-06 and got ready to explain to him how and why .270 ammo will shoot horribly out of a 30-06.