HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever Feel Like Crying #2
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
niehenke
Fork Horn

Default Ever Feel Like Crying #2

Hey, did not want to dirty your thread. I feel that way right now but it is tears of joy and excitement. I am crawling out of my skin. I just shot the biggest buck that i have ever seen in the woods. I am guessing that he will be a typical ~12 point that will score over 180. I have been practicing a lot and I was dialed in at 40 yards hitting the 5 spot white ever time so I had confidence BUT I was shaking out of my skin when I saw how big he was. He was walking away until I rattled. He turned and walked into my wind. He did not wind me but I could not be patient anymore. He crossed an opening and I grunted him to stop. His head was at a tree so I may have steered back further than I wanted but I do not know where I hit him which is rare for me. The arrow cracked him loud and he ran like lightening. I did not look for blood because the arrow had blood and fat, but it did not look like lung. I walked up in the open woods where he ran and scanned the woods. I heard him jump which was across the road. Backed out and I am at home dying to get back out there. Going to watch the pens game and wait for family to arrive before we go and look. So excited. I will post a pic IF I am successful. I can tell you that I will giver her all I got to get this deer. More to come and so excited.