HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New inline ??
Thread: New inline ??
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
but a bolt action muzzleloader? a bolt cartridge gun is strong and accurate but with a breach plug gun a bolt just adds weight and wastes barrel length and the bolt does not add to the strength if you do not believe that just look at one closely and you can see that the design of the bolt is not to hold on to the barrel as it does in a cartridge gun.

The actual bolt has absolutely nothing to do with making a bolt actoin rifle a stronger rifle(in an MZ). The strength is due to a solid one piece action(instead of a breaking open). And the strength is also attributable to the fact that a one piece stock is considerably stronger(not just stronger-but considerably stronger) than a two-piece stock.

Discussing whether one particular rifle is more accurate than another particular rifle is not the point when it comes to overall action strength.

There is no doubt a bolt action design is considerably stronger than a break action. And a strong action is inherently a more accurate action.

Please note I am not saying a break action rifle is not strong enough. It is strong enough. No doubt it is strong enough. However it simply is not nearly as strong as a bolt action rifle.

Just look at all the custom MZ mfrs. that make custom long range MZ's. How many are break actions vs. how many are bolts?? All are bolts that I know about. Please show me one that is not.

I am not looking for any argument here. But merely a discussion. If you think a break action is a stronger action then please supply some proof. Strong enough---yes I will agree. But stronger-no way, not even close. Tom.

Last edited by HEAD0001; 11-18-2011 at 08:04 PM.