HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Camping Gear
Thread: Camping Gear
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

I have a Cabela's about one hour away from my home. They sell alot of camping gear there.

If I were you I would wait until just after X-Mas and cruise their Bargain Cave page on their web site. Cabela's normally puts a bunch of camping gear in the Bargain Cave just after X-Mas.

I understand what you mean by being mobile. We had a very nice base camp at 10,500 feet on Electric Mountain just outside of Paonia, CO. But we hunted a good bit at close to 12,000. When the weather was decent we had a small tent like the one you are looking at. And we stayed a night or two at the higher elevations where we were hunting.

Good luck on your hunt. I wish my leg would allow me to hunt there again.

I am looking at a used motor home. There is a very large park on the other side of Electric Mountain where I can park my motor home if I get it. We are thinking about another elk hunt out there. The park is large enough to where I can hunt long range with a rifle right from the camp. So I may get to go back one day. But I don't think I will ever get to hunt that early MZ season again. The one in Mid September. Man those bugling bulls were fun!! Tom.

Last edited by HEAD0001; 11-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.