HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Bow Hunting. Intro and ?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
flhoghunter219
Spike

Default New to Bow Hunting. Intro and ?

Title says it all ladies and gentlemen. I and the wife have decided to start our bow hunting careers and I was just looking through the forum trying to get insides and tips for our upcoming hunts. Upcoming I mean about a month away if this deer season at all. I have been putting arrows on target for nearly a decade and just never have had the chance to go out hunting. My wife on the other hand just picked up her first bow about 3 days ago, so we are giving her sometime to find her nitch. We are gonna wait about a month to see if she feels good enough to go out for deer, if not it’s open season year round on hogs here.

Now a question. I have a Darton 50mx that I’m waiting to hear back from darton on cause it was a gift I got some years ago and have no info on it like reliability and FPS and the string length that was standard don’t fit so I don’t know what mods it has, ya know those kinds of things. Does anyone have one and hunt with it? I’ve heard that some late models of the 50mx were destined to fail at the cams is this true? Should I get a new hunting bow and just retire it to sit on the wall or use only for target? Thanks for reading and any answers.