HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new respect for bow hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
not the dogs
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tips. I have notice that when they look at me and then put their heads down, they just about always pop their heads back up to see if I'm moving. Also great advice on the body language of the deer. This really helps a lot. I see them usually way before they get that close but I have severe spinal stenosis and cp so its kinda rough on me to stand still for much more than a minute. Thats why I'm not up and ready when they get there because sometimes it takes them a while to get within bow range. That part kinda sucks but if I can just learn to read them maybe I'll get my chance at one. And I know that you are right about being a rush because just to draw on that one yesterday was a big rush for me. I love bow hunting so much because it is so challeging. Heck gun season is in now and I still took my bow today. I will learn but it may take some time. The spike did give me a shot at 30 yds. out again which I feel comfortable taking but I noticed that there was 2 thin branches that I had to shoot between and being fairly new to bow hunting,I wasn't comfortable enough to take the shot.I just hope that he makes it for a few more years. And thanks again. Sure wish you guys were close by because I don't know anyone around here that bow hunts and it would be nice to have you on my little piece of land to watch you and maybe learn a few things. I have been practicing a lot and watching and reading everything that I can get my hands on but experienced people are hard to beat. Thanks!!