HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - muzzy performance
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
outdoorsmen
Typical Buck

Default muzzy performance

Sunday night I shot a nice 8pt at 20 yds standing broadside from about 15ft in treestand. He ran aprox 50 and fell dead. Now this is what bothers me, I hqve shot several deer in years past with the fuzzy 75gr and have had good luck with them. The past two years i have been shooting the slick trick 85gr, for the sake of practicing shooting broadheads at my block target the fuzzy practice blades are more user friendly. So the kill shot was a pass through and bury deep in the dirt. There was hardly a blood trail at all. I found him cause i knew where he fell but i always like to follow the blood trail.anyway. there was only a few drops every few feet on the ground. If I hadn't of known the he fell dead I would have been worried, esp since it was going to rain heavy the next day. I know the muzzy 75 only has a 1" cut but I don't recall having this much lack of blood on the ground before. when I dressed him out there seemed to be a gallon of blood pouring out, and a nice hole through both lungs and top of heart. That Is what confused me even more, y didn't the bloodshed come out of the body after the shot?

entrence

exit

Last edited by outdoorsmen; 11-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.