HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 12 'The Bone Crushers'
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
wallhangr
Nontypical Buck

Well, my 5 day hunt turned into about a day and a half of hunting. Saw nothing the first day but the 2 coyotes that followed me to my tree Wed am. Thursday was hurricane weather until about 2:30pm. Did rattle in a little 6 and an 8 that I almost let one fly on. Friday am I rattled in one that came in to about 10 yds, but I couldn't see him thru a cedar tree. About 20 minutes later another 8 appeared and came right down in front of me at 30 yds. Put the pin behind his shoulder and let one fly and looked like a good hit. But as he was running away I could see too much of the arrow sticking out. After about 25yds I couldn't see the arrow any longer but watched him turn right and come to a walk until he was out of sight.

After about an hour I got down to see if I could find the arrow. After retracing a couple times I found it and a good spatter of bright red blood. To cut the story short, I spent the rest of the day tracking without finding him. To make it worse I had to come back home for family obligations so missed the last 2 days that I had planned.

I'm hoping my hunting partner that lives there contacts me with better news - he was going to continue the search.

Last edited by wallhangr; 11-08-2011 at 05:12 AM.