HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail cameras
Thread: Trail cameras
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

How many times can you spend a hundred bucks on a cam? I did 3 times returning each (different ones) for various reasons, the fourth time I bought a reconyx for 395 tyd. 10,000 +/- pics and still 99% battery. Kind of like I saved up for it.

Buy them from a place that allows returns and keep checking them out. If you can't find out how they work in the store, it's your only option. In the end you'll have saved up the money if you start at the low end and work your way up.

The reconyx miss's nothing, the other 3 missed a lot. Shot a big buck earlier next to it. Had to drag it out past it. That night 2 other bucks came by and were they ever curious. Camera takes pics at video speed and the vidoe of those 2 was very educational. Does and fawns came through later and did the same. I'm positive those other cams would not have given me that education. 1000 pics and squat in battery life. There is nothing I'd want in another cam this one doesn't do already.

The only way I'd leave a cam on public ground is over night and I was returning in the morning. There is no other good option and I don't believe in leaving my crap behind like I owned the place, unless it's a gut pile. I'd leave my reconyx over night, but I'd be back real early.