HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any advice on a new bow?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 AM
olfatguy
Spike

Go to a pro shop, an archery or bowhunting club or, some of your own friends that bowhuntin your area.

All the bows, that you mentioned, will probably do the job you want your bow to do. The main factor is how the individual bow feels to you and how well it fits you. Different grips, balance points (with and without accessories), string angle/finger pinch (if you're going to shoot fingers), and so many other personal preferences are involved in getting the bow that's right for you.

All the research you do and all the information you get from forums, like this one, might help you narrow the search but, as you have probably noted, there are as many different opinions as there are bows out there (if that weren't the case we'd all still be shooting Bear/Jennings or PSE bows). You won't really know till you get the bow in your hands and, when you find the right one for you, you'll know it.

I don't know how many times I've heard, "Man, I wish I had shot one of these before I bought my bow." So, try them all, if you can, and get the one that feels best to you