HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - who's wearing pink into the woods for brestcancer
Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

cayugad,
I have some longjohns which stared out red, but have been pink for at least 10 years. I guess I was ahead of the BC pink time. Since BC awareness month ends today, I wonder if it is legal to wear them for deer hunting next month.

We have fun with the pink thing, but, Breast Cancer is no joke. IMO anything that boosts awareness is a plus. I lost a very close friend to BC about 30 years ago, and trying to be supportive as she died by inches over almost a year, was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
I meant no disparagement in my comment to the "pink movement." I do understand the importance of getting people to pay attention to a specific cause. And breast cancer is a terrible disease and one that women (and even men) need to pay particular attention to with their health care providers. Early detection is the key.

I have a family member that was afflicted with breast cancer. Fortunately they detected it early, took aggressive measures to confront the disease, and last known, she was still cancer free.

And if sales of pink items does funnel money to the breast cancer cause, that's a great idea. I hope all those who seriously want to help find a cure to cancer and other diseases, in addition to just wearing something to remind others of the plight of those suffering, also take the opportunity to open their hearts and generously donate to these causes as well.