HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dont you think its a little overboard??
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM
mohunter09
Fork Horn

Default Dont you think its a little overboard??

Today I realized that all my hunting clothes had somehow vanished from my closet or anywhere to be found. I then realized it was time to buy new ones...and wow did that give me some surprises! All I usually buy is a set of camo coveralls and a good set of boots if I only have one set at the time cause those two weeks of hunting easily ruin a pair of boots. When I went to cabelas and basspro I came to the realization that this scentlok and scent locker/neutralizer stuff has taken things too far...when I grew up I hunted in the same clothes I did chores in..didnt not wear deodorant or shower with some special soap and had just as much luck as I did the years I chose to try neutralizers..I do not believe scent lockers or special soaps and such are even remotely necessary no matter how serious the hunter..maybe theres something im missing? But 400 dollars for some coveralls is just a bit outrageous..100 dollar shirts..50 dollar socks...and not to mention the cost of the wash's and sprays...I know just cause theyre available doesnt mean you have to buy them..but it has quite obviously upped the prices of normal cold weather clothing..and camo itself.. as I saw someone else say earlier today I really hope that todays young hunters dont think you need special clothes or fancy equipment to hunt whitetail..you need a rifle..warm clothes and dedication..