HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
He's spot on here, Todd. Shot out of a well tuned bow a fixed blade head will shoot just as good as the lowest profile mech, even out to your maximum range.

He's spot on here, Todd. Shot out of a well tuned bow a fixed blade head will shoot just as good as the lowest profile mech, even out to your maximum range.

Exactly. Obvious for those that have played around long enough with bows and arrows.
I have shot bows for 26 of my 46 years of life. Field tips and closed mech heads that fly like them are more accurate than fixed blade broad-heads from the hands of a human being. Perfectly tuned bow being fired from a machine like a hooter shooter then you will see little to no difference. Humans aren't machines. Torque your bow just a weensy bit and it will throw a fixed head off the bullseye left or right by a considerable mark at 40 yards. With a field tip the same amount of torque will throw you off only 1/3 as much. Don't hold form and drop your bow arm a teensy bit at the release and you can shoot 6 inches low at 40 yards with a fixed blade head. Do the same with a field tip and you hit maybe 2 inches low.

Call that anything that you like but I call it a more accurate forgiving head. And if you two don't know that then it's not me that needs a little more experience with the old stick and string.

I guess perhaps if you never shoot past 30 yards or aren't capable of shooting accurately past 30 yards anyway then you may never have noticed the difference. Some people have however.