HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No NY SZ bow season opening day thread yet?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Joe Teh Archer
Spike

Okay I've been busy with school the last few days, but here's my opening weekend story.

Drove from Long Island to Stamford in Delewar county late friday night, because my dad got out of work late. Didn't make it to the property until 11 pm. It's my dad, his friend (the land owner), and I hunting. We get in the woods are 6:30, I see nothing in the morning, nor does my dad's friend. My dad passed up on 6 pointer. (Our rule is 8 or more points, or spread bigger than it's ears). He was walking to his quad, when a coyote strolled through, but he couldn't get his release in time, and missed a 10 yard opportunity. The wind was horrible throughout Saturday, and it was like I was in a washing machine on spin cycle. We go in for lunch, and we shot our bows for little. About 3:30, I'm on the back deck of the house shooting my bb gun at a target when a pheasant strolled in on the hill behind the house. I run and grab my bow, and it was the first kill of the weekend, and my first pheasant. That night only my dad saw deer (4 does), and he took the first doe. We had to leave after sunday morning hunt, we saw nothing again. Our friend stayed until Tuesday, and bagged a nice doe and another pheasant. He also saw a big 350-400 lb bear on the trail cam near my stand. Hopefully this weekend is a little more productive.

Last edited by Joe Teh Archer; 10-19-2011 at 09:28 PM.