HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Final Post
Thread: Final Post
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
westtexducks
Fork Horn

I think I may know where pluckit was coming from. I know around here there are thousands of acres that are owned by people in california and god knows where else and if you track them down at the court house many of these people are no longer even alive or know that they have land, or the land is owned by the oilfield companies and many people hunt these properties because no one knows who they belong to. Many ranchers down here run cows on them since the owners are MIA. But from the perspective of a landowner we had a guy get bad directions wanting to shoot a javelina he had come all the way from Michigan I think. We let him go ahead and shoot one. He came by and showed it to us and was extremely grateful. He called us about 4 weeks later saying thank you again and let us know that it was at the taxidermist. Many landowners jump to conclusions way to quickly and get their feathers ruffled before they even meet the person and get the circumstances worked out. It is usually better to treat the other person like a human not like a mangy dog we have discovered. I personally have even hunted some of the above mentioned land, it is viewed as public property by the entire county because the owners are some foreigner from another state who bought it over the internet and doesnt realize he bought trash land or has even been to the land and bought it so they can say they own a ranch in texas. But I have also ran trespassers off of my cousins land who is very adamant about who is allowed on his property and everyone knows he owns it. From the sound of some of the landowners on this forum many are the shoot first ask questions later personality. But sometimes it doesnt hurt to get there story first. You just might make a damn yankees day by letting them go ahead and hunt after they have spent the money to come down and are just victims of poor directions.
Just my 2 cents.