HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many times have you missed before connecting on your first bow kill?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Centaur 1
Nontypical Buck

I got lucky with my first deer, shot a doe when I was 11. Definately beginners luck because she just stood there broadside only 20 feet away. She stood still and watched me draw my recurve and shoot. I was using a 45# bow but my draw length was probably only like 22" long, needless to say I didn't get a pass through. Nobody was standing right next to me to give instructions and I did everything wrong. She ran about 50 yards and stopped, so of course I took off after her. When I got close enough I shot her again, then she ran another 30 yards and dropped. This is the funny part, I had a quiver hanging from my belt that had a total of 7 arrows in it when I started. I caught up to her again after she dropped and she was still moving so I shot her 5 more times. Just about all the arrows broke and the old man was pissed that there was 7 broadheads inside the chest cavity when he field dressed it.