HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many times have you missed before connecting on your first bow kill?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Think i was about 14 when i shot at my first deer, a little button buck. Shot 3 times at the thing, missing it by a mile each time! would have had a 4th shot at it but it finally spooked when my Dad came walking up (he was set up close enough to here me shoot) to chew me out for screwin around and shooting at squirrels or whatever.
The next chance was pry 6 yrs later, brisket shot on a doe, never found. The next night i made an awful shot on another doe, but after a half night long track job recovered it and had my 1st. Got one pretty much every yr since. That first one can be really tough!! Shooting at a target, eaven a 3-d is absolutely nothing like shooting at the real thing!!!
Practice is definately the key, not just standing there and shooting, but different distances, sitting, kneeling, etc. Try to think of every possible direction and situation you may have to shoot in and practice the crap out of it.

Last edited by j76; 10-15-2011 at 09:08 AM.