HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Prescription glasses and open sights
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hubby11
My decision to start shooting my Omega X7 with the peep sight instead of a scope seems to have coincided with my eyesight taking a nose dive. My eye doc even had the friggin nerve to suggest progressive lenses (fancy bi-focals)!

So does anyone use prescription glasses with open sights? If so, what do you use, your distance prescription, intermediate, or some other combination?
I have totally given up hunting with glasses, actually did it a long time ago. I can not stand glasses as they are constantly fogging and causing problems seeing the sights correctly even a bit with scopes...

OFall things, my eye doctor who is also a hunter and works at the local COSTCO... says you know you do not have to wear glasses to hunt and still you will be able to see well. At that point he had my attention.

He set me up with disposable contact lens... they are straight power power no bifocal so in my right eye (sighting eye) I wear the presecribled straight powerd lens a -3.00 power lens in my left eye the prescribed lens is -3.25 so in that eye he had me go to -4.25. Everything in the world is rosie.... I am suppose to be wearing bifocals (or progressives + astigmatism correction) for reading. With the combination he has me set for I can read and shoot and see well with out ant other help - except very small print in low light.

Works for me...