HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer...
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by annika3
Shouldn't you check any BH you buy????

By the way, Rage works right out of the package, PERFECT! PERIOD!
First, yes you have to check them, but there should be no need at the cost. No reason what so ever for a 13 dollar head to not be perfect, THEY should check them before they go out at that cost.

Second, there is no way you could even know all rage heads work perfect, and saying so is smoke and mirrors, nothing works perfect all the time PERIOD!

You sound like someone who should know...What percentage of failure do the producers of Rage experience before shipping them out?

I buy products all the time and failure of them is getting to the ridiculous stage. Most everyone here lives in a house and some work on them. Plumbing has gotten easier with the new fittings that simply push together. One well known one has all kinds of certifications, but I wouldn't use them, I've already seen 3 fail and they're never supposed to. They too use a rubber O-ring.

Years ago a rubber tubing company lost multi millions because their tubing, made by GoodYear failed. You could pick a tube and flex it, move down 2 feet and if you tried to flex it it would shatter. Rubbers funny that way and prone to all kinds of failure. Who makes Rages rubber O-ring?