HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunting rig, keep jp/trade in for F150 most $ effective next 15 yrs
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 AM
cntryislandboy
Spike

Default hunting rig, keep jp/trade in for F150 most $ effective next 15 yrs

I'd like some suggestions about my current vehicle situation. I currently own a 2008 4DR Jeep. It has room but not a ton. The more I get into hunting(i'm new to hunting) the more I think a truck would be better. I currently don't own any blinds or tree stands, but know I would have difficulty hauling them around in my jeep. For my harvest i'd have to get one of those racks that goes into the hitch in the rear. I can't really afford to go buy a 2nd vehicle due to it taking FOREVER to save up to due to single family income. Which means I need a daily realible driver. I'm usually the type that does't trade in every year, I want to keep untill the wheels fall off. So that all being said, would it be worth it to trade the jeep in on a newer truck, my payments would be about the same just for a little longer than they are now. or would it be best just to get a utility trailer. the only thing with is having to pay extra gas while towing, not to mention when i go on long distance hunts in MO and back east. so what do ya'll think would be the most cost effective over tyhe course of the next 10-15 years.