HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stinkin' dirt bikers!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
DaveH
Nontypical Buck

Angry Stinkin' dirt bikers!!!

The evening after they cut the corn is always a great time to hunt. I have never failed to see plenty of deer heading out to pick up the leftovers and I've taken several of them. Last night was promising to be one of those nights. They had just cut the corn and the weather was about as perfect as it gets this time of year - cool and clear. I got permission to bring a friend and I showed him where to hang his climber while I positioned myself in another likely spot. He had barely finished getting set up when we watched a very nice buck run across the cut corn field (they were still shelling a nearby field). This was a nice buck (my friend said it was a 10 point) and it ran past him at 20 yards. A short time later, a doe walked by just out of range.

Then the dirt bikers entered the scene. . .

These PUNKS have been told not to drive their dirt bikes on the crop fields, but they don't follow the instructions. Their parents have been told too, and still, it's happening. We had been hearing them driving these "amplified chainsaws" on the adjacent property from the time we arrived, but they then came over to where we were and raced all over the perimeter of the fields VERY LOUDLY! They were in the fields where we were hunting not once, but 3 separate times during the evening - the last time being just before sunset. They came past my tree at least 8 times under 10 yards. (I thought about trying to mouth grunt them to stop 'em for a shot but they couldn't hear me - JOKING!!)

Needless to say, no deer presented themselves since these punks ran all over the fields and surrounding areas for the entire evening. The landowner says he'll say something, but I know he doesn't want to cause problems with neighbors and they apparently aren't going to stop it anyway. I don't figured my writing about this here will have any impact, but I needed to vent about it.

Last edited by DaveH; 10-07-2011 at 10:22 AM.