Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Stinkin' dirt bikers!!! >

Stinkin' dirt bikers!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stinkin' dirt bikers!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Stinkin' dirt bikers!!!

The evening after they cut the corn is always a great time to hunt. I have never failed to see plenty of deer heading out to pick up the leftovers and I've taken several of them. Last night was promising to be one of those nights. They had just cut the corn and the weather was about as perfect as it gets this time of year - cool and clear. I got permission to bring a friend and I showed him where to hang his climber while I positioned myself in another likely spot. He had barely finished getting set up when we watched a very nice buck run across the cut corn field (they were still shelling a nearby field). This was a nice buck (my friend said it was a 10 point) and it ran past him at 20 yards. A short time later, a doe walked by just out of range.

Then the dirt bikers entered the scene. . .

These PUNKS have been told not to drive their dirt bikes on the crop fields, but they don't follow the instructions. Their parents have been told too, and still, it's happening. We had been hearing them driving these "amplified chainsaws" on the adjacent property from the time we arrived, but they then came over to where we were and raced all over the perimeter of the fields VERY LOUDLY! They were in the fields where we were hunting not once, but 3 separate times during the evening - the last time being just before sunset. They came past my tree at least 8 times under 10 yards. (I thought about trying to mouth grunt them to stop 'em for a shot but they couldn't hear me - JOKING!!)

Needless to say, no deer presented themselves since these punks ran all over the fields and surrounding areas for the entire evening. The landowner says he'll say something, but I know he doesn't want to cause problems with neighbors and they apparently aren't going to stop it anyway. I don't figured my writing about this here will have any impact, but I needed to vent about it.

Last edited by DaveH; 10-07-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Musta been on two strokes lol

Just call the cops and your problem is solved.

I can't stand people like that. It gives motocross a bad name.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, I also had an experience with dirtbikers this year. We have a lease and a part of the land is a 6 acre parcel that borders a house i used to rent. No one in the lease ever hunted it and it was money in the bag for an early season doe and 3 straight years I bagged a buck from the same stand around Veterans day. Well I moved 2 years ago but still hunted the spot. I went to check my setup a few days before the season and heard a bike pretty loud. I figured it was a new renter on his property. Not 50 yards into the woods i see a new trail cut thru the whole woods just torn up by bikes. I caught a glimse of this guy just tearing up the area about 50 yards from my stand. I was so upset! Since I rented there before, I know the land owner made it perfectly clear the woods were leased. I couldnt catch up with the guy and let the president of our lease know. I hunted the stand two seperate mornings without seeing a deer. going to take the stand down tomorrow. So so upset with the situation
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Spike

Let em ride, there just kids.
And it is just a deer.
They may run them to you.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second calling the police. They are trespassing. They have been warned, and talking to the parents won't do anything. Maybe a visit with the police will get their attention.

Kyboydbowhunter, your attitude is completely wrong on this. They will not stop, unless forced to do so.
These kids and their parents need a good hard learned lesson.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
I second calling the police. They are trespassing. They have been warned, and talking to the parents won't do anything. Maybe a visit with the police will get their attention.

Kyboydbowhunter, your attitude is completely wrong on this. They will not stop, unless forced to do so.
These kids and their parents need a good hard learned lesson.
you could try some square back nails
Old 10-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

If the landowner doesn't object, calling the police is pointless.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

i have the same problem on a farm i hunt in PA the owner lives in michigan and is one of my dads best friends so i did the research if there r posted signs or do not enter signs posted on the property the trespasser will be hit with a 3rd degree misdemeanor which includes a fine up to 2500 dollars and up to six months in jail. i hope i dont have to call the police but it might be that way and the owner has no problem pressing charges, anyhow the purpose of my response is if u catch them just tell them what i just did and tell them to look it up that should scare them it would me anyhow. i dont understand why people do the stuff they do i even tried to compromise with the kids i caught and i told the kids i caught look just dont ride from september to feburary and there wont be any problems but for some reason i must have all the rebel kids. one thing for sure is word gets around fast so if i bust one i know the issue will be resolved. i just hate to do that to someone but i gave them the oppertunity to stay out of trouble
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kyboydbowhunter
you could try some square back nails
Yeah, lets cause damage to their equipment and possibly injure them.
That is absolutely the last thing to ever consider. Start with legal solutions first.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have a four wheeler trail that gos right past one of my stands, the only time i have issues is when its warm out above 40F. When it gets cold i haven't seen them use it as much. The positive is the deer us the trail also. Yesterday was the first time i had an issue. I could here kids coming down the trail as they were hiking with their family on Sunday... they have permission to be on the land so there is nothing i can do. Plus this was innocent fun (family time) so i wasn't to bummed. On the other hand if someone is trespassing thats where I draw the line.

When I was young I had four-wheelers, go karts, mopeds, john deer gators, golf carts, etc... and we always asked for permission if we were drove on someones else's land. I think these days some of the that courtesy has left us... but what do you do?

Last edited by L. Clement; 10-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.