HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Punch or Squeeze the trigger????????
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:53 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by shaner72
I am normally an average or a little above average shooter. This year I started out shooting terrible. A buddy recommended a T-handle release so I went to bps and shot several. Found 1 a liked, and shot it for about 3-4 weeks. I started flinched really bad so I went back to an old wrist strap, but could not get it adjusted so i went and got a new wrist strap. I shot the best I have shot all year today but i was punching the trigger on purpose. Can I be a good shot by punching the trigger or do I need to go back to trying to squeeze? I never could do the push with bow hand and pull with back thing!!!
You will not have any kind of consistancy with punching the release button. You should teach yourself to squeeze the shot EVERY time. You can use your wrist strap release and just shorten it up a tad, just put it on one hole tighter. Then as you draw and reach your anchor point and settle the pin on your target, you place the pin/trigger of the release in the crook of your index finger first knuckle, not the pad.
As you settle the pin, began to reach for the pin, as you just begin to touch it, the shortened reach will allow you to surprise release the shot. Do this as you should begin to notice tighter groups all the time, not just once in awhile.