HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hang on stands
Thread: Hang on stands
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:07 PM
olfatguy
Spike

A lot of the "cheaper" (or is that less expensive) stands are good quality but, they seem to be considerably heavier. Ther are a lot of good stands with larger platforms out there for under $100.00. The last two I bought, this year, were from Sportsmans Guide (best customer service I've dealt with) and had adjusters for horizontal and verticle level. They were $50.00 each.

I started using my tree belt for hanging my stand as well as attaching the tether for my belt or harness. I put a caribiner with a small pulley on it. Climb to where you want the stand to hang, with steps or ladder and fasten the belt to the tree, (I use a climbing belt for going up and down) then run a 1/4" rope through the pully. Climb down and hook the stand to the rope, pull it up and, tie it off. When you climb back up, the rope will support the stand while you fasten it to the tree. Don't forget to go a couple of steps higher that the platform so you can step down onto the stand, after you attach your harness or belt to the tree strap.