HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How bad are Barnett crossbows?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ropaque
Ill tell you what's going on here. All the guys with the high dollar bows are all bashing the Barnett because they spent so much money on their bows they are brainwashed into thinking if it doesn't cost a grand its "junk". I bought a Barnett jackal 2 years ago for my kids and the thing shoots awesome. I love shooting it as well as my kids. Yes one thing is it is a little big but definitely manageable even by my 6 and 8 year old kids. And all the people talking about Barnett's customer support, I called the other week about adding a cable slide to the bow and they were super nice and helpful and mailed me the slide and new cables for free. By the way the new jackal comes with the slide. I can buy 4 jackal's with a scope and four bolts each for the price of one ten point, chew on that. To all the guys talking Foo Foo on Barnett "STOP HATING!" sometimes cheap thing work well too. I am 100% happy with the purchase I made and if it broke tomorrow I would surely order another jackal before any other xbow. But I wouldn't have to" buy" another because its still covered under the 5-FIVE-I REPEAT 5year warranty.
I purchased a used Excalibur Vortex with the right (stuff package), Varizone scope, rope ****er, stringer, 6 firebolts, 3 Wasp Boss BH's, practice tips, string wax, sling, and the soft case from a guy on Ebay for $550. It was hunted with one season. It Arrived in like new condition. It didn't even look like it had been used. And it comes with a LIFETIME, I repeat, LIFETIME WARRANTY regardless of owner! SHOOTS EXTREMELY TIGHT GROUPS OUT TO 40+ YARDS. EXCELLENT ACCURACY, QUALITY, and VERY FUN TO SHOOT!!! And I trust it completely.... not bashing or hating, and it wasn't "high dollar" either. Got one hell of a CB for the price of a Buck Commander. I'm glad you are happy with what you bought. That is extremely important. I know I am. Oh, and did I mention the LIFETIME warranty?

Last edited by Buckhunter46755; 09-25-2011 at 09:12 PM.