HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are there any down sides to the 260 rem?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Big Bullets
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
Only "downside" I can think of with the 260 is the low options you have with factory ammo for that caliber. But if you're handloading it, you have plenty of options. Power and accuracy wise, it's just like it's other 308Win family members (243 and 7mm-08) they typically are among the most accurate calibers. A little more umph and bullet size than the 243 and little less recoil than the 308. It never really took off because I think it was surrounded by such great company (the 243 and 7mm-08) but that doesn't mean it was a bad caliber.

Good luck,
HL
I remember all the fanfare when the 260 came out. It was going to be the next big deerslayer. However, as you said, it just never caught on. It seems an excellent alternative for someone who wants to minimze recoil. I would like to see it promoted again.

Contrarily, the WSMs, inspite of serving no new purpose and probably should not have had much appeal, survive and prosper. You never know. I guess some of it is in the advertising stamina of the manufacturer. That is, how determined they are to make a success of something.