HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My personal understanding of choosing the Correct Crossbows
Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

I have 3 they all get used.My First was a 10 point with the accudraw 185 # pull. The second was an excalibur Exocet of 200# pull. The latest is a Parker Tornado with a 165 # pull. They are all very accurate. They have all taken deer with out any problems the 10 point is kind off long in tooth as I have had it since the middle 1980's it still shoots well and accurately but is a bit heavy so I do not use it for stalking I do use it where I might need to re-**** in the tree stand. The Exocet is an excellent long range for a bow very accurate the most accurate of the three it is wide which means I only use in open areas where there is a comparatively large tree stand or when stalking wild hogs or bear. The new Parker is very compact and quite in tight spots or small tree stands it is ideal it also is best in thick cover it is not quite as accurate as the other two and I suspect that is because it requires moon nocks which are never quite as accurate as the flat ones in my experience. I have shot cross bows since 1980 my first was home made and was designed by Geo Gerick and he helped me build it.I think it is a very interesting sport and think there is a little more to getting them tuned right especially for broad heads than most people believe.