HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - H&r .243
Thread: H&r .243
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
HTM, you seem to have "used" thousands of products. Yet have never posted a positive experience about one yet. Either that or a "friend" had one or their buddy had one.

IMO, you are looking for negatives, and when you look for something, it can usually be found.
I have posted positive reviews about a ton of products, you just have apparently never read them.

I have nothing but great things to say about the Savage Model 10's/110's, I have nothing but great things to say about Speer Deep Curl Bullets, or Federal Fusion ammo, or Burris scopes, or many Ruger products and their amazing customer service, older Remington products, or pretty much any Volquartsen product I've used, and quite a few other products. I've tested more products that I've had good experiences with than ones I've had bad, it's just that it seems like some people only read the things that I comment on that I've had bad experiences with. The other thing that happens and I agree that this is partially my fault is that I often see threads asking about a product that I've had bad experiences with. A lot more than I see ones on here asking about the products I've had good experiences with. However, when I do see them wanting opinions of products I've used and likes, I do post about them. Maybe I should post my more product reviews on here when people aren't asking about them.

The other thing I have to say about this, is many of the reviews I have done on products have gotten posted on other sites, and not here, and that's my fault too.

The biggest 2 things people on here seem to disagree with me on is that the lower end Leupold scopes are sub par scopes for a price that is quite a bit higher than they should be. What I find odd is that people on here run low end Leupolds, and they are supposedly so great, and I don't know what I'm talking about, yet if you go to optics forums, or forums where many of the people are much more experienced evaluating scopes than many of the ones on here, I never see them say anything good about the low end Leupolds, and often I see them saying bad things about them.

The other is that the BAR I had, was never as accurate as I wanted. It was accurate enough for deer, but not near what I thought it should shoot. I still thought it was a good rifle, just not as accurate as I thought it should be. I had people on here insist I was wrong and that they shot 1" groups. Funny thing was when I started searching other forums, and talking to other people locally, I found more people complaining of bad accuracy including gun shops telling me they'd seen this issue, and the fact that I actually called Browning and was told that these groups were about all I should expect from this rifle, than I did of people saying they got groups like people on here claimed they got. However, I did run into people getting those groups, it just wasn't very often. So I think with those it's pretty much luck of the draw as to which you get. I don't think they are at all bad rifles, and I think that's where people on here have misunderstood what I'm saying about them. I just don't think they are perfect rifles either.

With these guns, that I don't like, what I find odd is that there is one after another after another case of these issues being documented online. A google search will turn up enough reports of these issues to keep you reading for a long time, yet a few people still seem to insist they are good rifles. Even in this own thread, you will see others saying they never could get theirs to shoot well.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 09-09-2011 at 08:22 PM.