HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Things to do on a crappy, rainy day!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:45 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

On the bad days, I usually like to run a patch through the bores of all my rifles, muzzleloaders, handguns, and center fires, then wipe them down. That usually takes care of half the day or more. Before I wipe them down, I always like to fondle them and think about the last time I got to shoot them, and how they did...its a guy thing I am sure.

Last week I (got down on my hands and knees ... the knees are a no no the doctor said) and cleaned out the two shelves under the gun rack. Dusted, polished all the wood. (The disadvantages of a wood stove is the very fine dust that floats all over the house, as us wood burners know too well) Then I went through all the scopes, cartridges for the center fires, the shotgun loads, etc.. wiped all that down and put every thing back in a neat orderly manner.

Maybe this week I will attack the bullet shelf and organize all of them again. Although they are not too bad, because I put in those long rails that hook off the peg board like you see in stores, so now all my caliber sabots are one rod, all the nipples, vent holes, etc are another rod.. looks kind of nice. Although I had a friend ask me where I kept the shopping carts last week. I told him outside behind the garage...