HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have we lost focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
J Pike
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerslayer223
As another archery season vastly approaches i'm as pumped as ever. Some exceptional bucks have been spotted firsthand in the woodlots i call home. As much as i would love to tag one i know it's a longshot and the 1st 5pt to present a shot is much more likely to take a ride in the bed of the chevy. This brings me to a point i see and hear alot of score this buck or he's only a 130'' 3yr old 10pt give him another year. It's like the true meaning of hunting is all but lost anymore it's way to much emphasis on the headgear it's not the size of the rack that should determine a true trophy it's the story behind it. I've got spikes and 4pt's that i consider more of a trophy than the larger bucks on my wall because of the blood sweat and tears it took to get them. I witnessed a 12yr old boy harvest a 3pt he was grins from ear to ear than razzed terrible by nearby hunters thats sad. Many hunters seem to be lost in the size matters game. If its legal and theyre happy support others our hunting future depends on it.
So let me get this straight?? Because such a high % of hunters choose to enjoy the sport differently than you, you think they are in the wrong and are jeopardizing the future of our sport?
Who are you to say that the way you enjoy the sport isnt whats jeopardizing our sport. Let hunters enjoy our great sport the way they choose and stop critisizing other hunters because they think differently than you. Its narrow minded hunters like you who try to divide us by critisizing other hunters that is going to put the future of our sport in jeopardy. It seems to me that you feel embarassed to harvest what you do (which you shouldnt) and for what ever reason need to justify to other hunters why you harvest what you choose to harvest because other hunters have a different opinion as of what is a trophy in your eye's. Harvest what makes you happy and stay out of other hunters business.
After all this antler worship that you despise so much dates back long before the palaces of the Roman empire and the majestic castles of Europe. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 09-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.