HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have we lost focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 AM
buck4860
Spike

Each person should be free to hunt any way they desire as long as they are within the laws in their area. Each person should be free to have his/her idea of what a trophy deer is. For me, I am lucky enough to have a job that allows for several days off in a row. I bow hunt and will probably hit the woods in excess of 30 to 45 days depending on my luck. For me I choose to hunt only does and mature bucks. I do this because I have the time to do it, the passion to do it and it allows me to extend my season searching for that "mature buck." On the flip side my friend who owns the land that borders mine is more interested in introducing youth and new hunters to the sport. I think what he's doing is great and I can tell it excites him just as much as hunting mature bucks excites me. We share our land and hunt on each other. We hunt the same deer with different hunting ideas and goals, but at the end of the day we are great friends and great hunting companions. That to me is the beauty of hunting, it means something different to each person yet it has the ability to bring people together and form lasting friendships. We just have to be thoughtful of each other and our freedom to hunt how we see fit.