HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying American
Thread: Buying American
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:07 AM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

I once had a lady tell me that since her full size Blazer was made in Canada that as far as she was concerned it was still American made. She said she would never buy a foreign car. But Canada was OK?? Figure that one out. Tom.
For some reason made in Canada vehicles and made in Canada components are classified as "domestic content".

i liked it much better when virtually everything was made in the USA under stringent quality control.

IMO: "Made in America" means nothing when the quality control stinks. As a centerfire rifle my "made in America" TC Encore was a dismal failure. i was finally able to make the gun into a good muzzleloader using aftermarket stuff. For the price; that gun should have been top of the line from the factory.

It does not speak well that the fit and finish of some "made in America" guns is not equal to foreign made guns that cost less than half as much.

Look at then domestic content labels on pickup new trucks some time. The "domestic content" of Toyota Tacoma and Tundra pickups is higher than the Ford F-150.

Last edited by falcon; 09-04-2011 at 04:10 AM.