Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: I prefer to buy american
Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Buying American

Old 09-03-2011, 02:40 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Buying American

How many make this a factor in choosing a muzzleloader?I know I prefer to buy American on as many things as possible even if it cost more.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also buy American, and I avoid things that are just assembled here if I can.
It would turn this country around if they dumped that fair trade bill we are the ONLY ones that abide by it which makes it very unfair.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to buy American. All but one of the automobiles I have owned in my life have been American. That was a 1967 VW Beetle that was bought for me by my mother when I was young. But in today's economy and with my budget I have to be a bit more frugal. So with my other purchases I tend to look for value at an affordable price. That tends to leave the American equation out of the options I can come up with. I have yet to be disappointed with any my my foreign made muzzle loader choices. So in the end, I refuse to pay twice as much, or more, for something just because it was made in America if I feel I can get a reliable product at a much better price from a foreign manufacturer.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I guess we all prefer to buy American. But I consider quality and price when buying. If everything is equal or close to equal, I go American. But if the price/quality favors non-American, so be it.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

buy what suits your needs.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

semisane,

It is a good thing that the two highest quality ML's are American Made.

God bless America.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Those who advocate "Buy American' should look around his/her own household and find stuff that were made in USA. Try buy a TV made in US. You will have a field day. For example, Vizio is an US brand (sold mainly at Costco), but they source LCD panels, parts from Taiwan and Korea. Some, if not all, were made in these two countries.

So, "buy American". Tell me how to tell. Most Americans would love to do that if they could actually tell and be convinced.

It is almost to the point now that every consumer product we buy is made overseas. This idea of a "world economy" has cost us (USA) dearly, instead of "lifting" up the world economy to our levels we are "sinking" down to theirs. We have sent our industries and jobs overseas and at the same time leveraged ourselves to the edge of oblivion.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well, I guess we all prefer to buy American. But I consider quality and price when buying. If everything is equal or close to equal, I go American. But if the price/quality favors non-American, so be it.
This is my stance as well. I buy the best product made. If it's made in the US, great. If not, oh well, the US needs to step it up.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may be difficult sometimes to tell what is and is not American made. But it certainly does not hurt to try.

The US economy is slowly becoming a world economy. No doubt about that. But up until recent times buying Anmrican was not necessary to ensure the future of our country. However I believe the dynamics of this has changed.

I believe if we are going to survive as a nation then in times to come we are going to have to be more and more concerned about our purchases, and where they are made.

I once had a lady tell me that since her full size Blazer was made in Canada that as far as she was concerned it was still American made. She said she would never buy a foreign car. But Canada was OK?? Figure that one out. Tom.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only Muzzleloader that i know of that is 100% made and assembled in the USA is the current Knight rifles. The Savage might be as well??? Not sure about that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.