HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which bow should i get?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 05:56 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which bow should i get?

Sooner

I think 3 weeks is a bit of exaggeration on the part of whomever told you that .

Last year my BKII never required re-synching the cams (when Bowtech was using Winners Choice). This year IIRC my Pro40 DC has required 2 re-synchs: Once at about 100 arrows, and another at about 750 or so. And I played with the cam synch myself on purpose a few times to get the bow to hold steadier for me. With most one-cams I’ll have to re-time the cam at least once. Sometimes twice depending on the string/cable quality. With a quality strings and cables, the wholel “re-tuning every 3 weeks” does not really apply anymore to dual cams. With Winners Choice on them, they are as maintenance-free as any single-cam.

The Infinity cam does allow for minute and easy adjustment of draw length, a great feature. The Dual cams though can be adjusted as minutely albeit with a bit more work. Get the cam w/in ½” of your draw length and then you can play with the string or cable length to fine tune it in very small increments.