HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jeff Foiles pled guilty to poaching
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:44 AM
trmichels
Fork Horn

I din knbow anything abotu it. But, Jeff conacted me asking if he coul duse my waterfowl articles for hs website when he first got started. And he was a regular guy. But, as often happnes to big name personalities, writers, speakers, I could see that he let it go to his head as time went on. In the last coupel of years, he acted like he was too good to talk to me - even though he learned a few things about calling geese (not contest judges) from me - which is why he wanted my waterfowl artlices for his website).

After 22 years in the hunting industry, as a seminar speaker, writer, camouflage desinger with product in both for Cabela's and Herter's. and speaking at most of the major deer classic/ expos and sprt shows in the midwest. I've seen it happen to a lot of the other guys. They get big headed, and some of them may flaunt the law.

It is a sad thing, and does a great injustice to the hunting industry that I have been part of for 22 years.

But, there are dozens of other callers who are regular joes - still - after many years in the business. My good friend, Randy "Flag Man " Bartz, innovator/designer of the goose flag, is one of them. He will still admit that he got the idea for putting the white crescent on the bottm of his T Flags, from me, at Game Fair in Anoka, MN in about 1991. If he ever comes out with a turkey product - he got the idea fro me - abhout 10 years ago. And I'm still urgng him to come out with it.