HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Season is nearly over
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

Well, you have to do what your heart tells you to do, otherwise you'll never have peace with your decision.

As far as the tournament goes, I couldn't care less if I win or lose to be honest. Its the fellowship thats created by the tournament that brings me to it. To take part in something with others that share the same enjoyment and hobbies that I do make it worth while. Many people come and go through this forum but a few stay, and those are the ones that make this forum worth being a part of. Being able to give and receive information from others who put the same effort into the hobby as you do is what makes it worthwhile. To me, the tournament is just a means through which similar individuals and hobbyist can congregate, and I am simply happy to be part of that congregation. Whether I win or lose is of some value, but not as much as the fellowship. Its kind of like having a cherry on top of a sundae: The win is the cherry, the tournament is the sundae, and I definitely wouldn't turn down a sundae because it didn't have a cherry on top

I guess what I'm getting at is, do what your heart tells you. Sometimes though, adjusting your perception a little allows your heart to look at things differently.