Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
The Season is nearly over >

The Season is nearly over

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

The Season is nearly over

Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default The Season is nearly over

Well guys I had promiced to leave after the tournament...which I will admit is difficult. I've been wondering if there were any benefits and why the Lord would have me do this..

I'm not sure but maybe the following could be part of it..

..just got done talkng with my wife..

1st of all ..it's simply faith..The Lord told Abraham to pack up and move..and he flat out did and became the Father of fatih.

My wife noticed I was much happier when I used to fish simply for the sake of fishing..when it didn't matter if I caught a big one or not..It was special trying out a new lure and observing the wildlife ..and a 12 inch bass was just as fun to catch as a 3 pounder..My wife says she remembers one Christmas when I woke up in freezing weather to fish..simply because I loved to fish.

Hunting was the same way..you didn't feel like a loser if you didn't score..you simply went out there and put in quality time..with nature.

Jesus tells us to condescend to men of low estate..the reason I'm not joining Bass Masters..those fellows are considered rich..when compared to the rest of the population of fishermen.I'd rather take a youngster or poor man fishing ..someone who doesn't have a boat..

Then , theres the temptation. I used to scan/read the other threads in the Off Season forums .I'm actually hurt when I see fellows who use to speak a word on the religious forum for the Lord and then go on the Off Season and laugh and mock at sin with the unbeleivers..this is not right..especially those who call themselves ministers..and I..I shouldn't be een reading the stuff...because that seed / thought leads to other wicked places on the internet..we men are weak..so the Biblical remedy is to FLEE get off the internet.. My wife has my password..when I'm done with this thread I log off....this has been working very well..When I get bored and surf the net..I tend to get in trouble...this is not good

It is not easy for me to just go..You guys who I'm close to have my phone number..please feel free to call anytime..Except school hours. [ -; ..I'll get in trouble.

God bless,
Chuck7

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why don't you just post when you can? I don't know your life story, but I don't think that you hold Huntingnet.Com Fishing Forums in idolatry like a 14 year old girl and Facebook.

Most of us are guy who all fish for the same reason. No big deal.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, you have to do what your heart tells you to do, otherwise you'll never have peace with your decision.

As far as the tournament goes, I couldn't care less if I win or lose to be honest. Its the fellowship thats created by the tournament that brings me to it. To take part in something with others that share the same enjoyment and hobbies that I do make it worth while. Many people come and go through this forum but a few stay, and those are the ones that make this forum worth being a part of. Being able to give and receive information from others who put the same effort into the hobby as you do is what makes it worthwhile. To me, the tournament is just a means through which similar individuals and hobbyist can congregate, and I am simply happy to be part of that congregation. Whether I win or lose is of some value, but not as much as the fellowship. Its kind of like having a cherry on top of a sundae: The win is the cherry, the tournament is the sundae, and I definitely wouldn't turn down a sundae because it didn't have a cherry on top

I guess what I'm getting at is, do what your heart tells you. Sometimes though, adjusting your perception a little allows your heart to look at things differently.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well Chuck it has been good.. I am sorry but, I never really did a lot of bass fishing this season. I have been out exploring with my boat and enjoying all the different sights I have been seeing. I bumped my prop early on a ledge that shot up and stayed away from that water. I decided to try some saltwater fishing but never did catch anything other than a few mackeral. I did enjoy the different views of the coast as well as the wildlife I saw. Something that even made me very nervous rose to the top of the water and I headed closer to the shoar line. It is truely amazing all the different ways of enjoying what I like to do.

I enjoy my days fishing on the water whether or not I catch a fish. I can not help but wonder how lucky I am to be enjoying such a great day in the great out doors. I think of those folks in the cities that do not have the chance to spend even one day out there. I think about some of the older folks that can not get out there that used to all the time. Now some of which set in a nursing home some place waiting for thier time to go. Just think how lucky all of us are that get the chance to go out there whether on the water or the bank of a stream, river, or lake. So to me it is never about catching the biggest or smallest fish out there. It is about enjoying what we like to do and the rest is a bonus to great day out there. Anything less or more than that then shame on me.. The same thing holds true when ever I am out hunting. It is about enjoying some of the wonders this world has to offer. It is not about how I compare to others. I am not in it for any popularity contest. So I try to keep it simple and just enjoy what is being offered.

I think you still have my e-mail address so if you get bored or something or just want to say hi. Drop me an e-mail..Take Care my friend, Phil

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-29-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

"So to me it is never about catching the biggest or smallest fish out there. It is about enjoying what we like to do and the rest is a bonus to great day out there. Anything less or more than that then shame on me.. The same thing holds true when ever I am out hunting. It is about enjoying some of the wonders this world has to offer. It is not about how I compare to others. I am not in it for any popularity contest. So I try to keep it simple and just enjoy what is being offered. " Phil

10-4 good buddy..