HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ASAT field report
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Belle Island

Default ASAT field report

There has been a lot of talk on here lately about ASAT and people interested in purchasing a suit. With that said, here is my observation from the first couple of weeks. I' ve been on stand about 7 times and 4 instances stand out in my mind where I think the ASAT really worked.

1. October 1, I' m in a 15ft loc on and I have a 3 1/2 yr old 8 pt feeding on persimmons at 10yds. He looks at me several times, but never picks me out.

2. October 9, again hunting a persimmon tree in a very thick cane brake. To keep from being sillouetted(sp), I only climb about 4 ft off the ground, just high enough to shoot over the canes. I have 2 mature does at less than 20yds. They look my way several times and never pick me out. I killed one of those does.

3. October 11, same situation as day before, found a persimmon tree that the deer were just killing, but no good trees, I notice one tree where that is a thicket with vines, and etc. I climb about 8 ft up, 15 yds from persimmon tree. A spike comes in 4 yds from my stand, looks right up at me and for the first time ever, I had a deer actually look through me! It was an awsome experience. The deer went on to feed.

4. October 11, same afternoon as above, I have a mature doe feeding on the persimmons at 15yds, she never sees me at 8ft and she is in my freezer as we speak.

As you can see, this ASAT has really worked well so far. As the season goes on it should only get better as the woods go from green to brown/black. Good luck to all.