HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Season is nearly over
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default The Season is nearly over

Well guys I had promiced to leave after the tournament...which I will admit is difficult. I've been wondering if there were any benefits and why the Lord would have me do this..

I'm not sure but maybe the following could be part of it..

..just got done talkng with my wife..

1st of all ..it's simply faith..The Lord told Abraham to pack up and move..and he flat out did and became the Father of fatih.

My wife noticed I was much happier when I used to fish simply for the sake of fishing..when it didn't matter if I caught a big one or not..It was special trying out a new lure and observing the wildlife ..and a 12 inch bass was just as fun to catch as a 3 pounder..My wife says she remembers one Christmas when I woke up in freezing weather to fish..simply because I loved to fish.

Hunting was the same way..you didn't feel like a loser if you didn't score..you simply went out there and put in quality time..with nature.

Jesus tells us to condescend to men of low estate..the reason I'm not joining Bass Masters..those fellows are considered rich..when compared to the rest of the population of fishermen.I'd rather take a youngster or poor man fishing ..someone who doesn't have a boat..

Then , theres the temptation. I used to scan/read the other threads in the Off Season forums .I'm actually hurt when I see fellows who use to speak a word on the religious forum for the Lord and then go on the Off Season and laugh and mock at sin with the unbeleivers..this is not right..especially those who call themselves ministers..and I..I shouldn't be een reading the stuff...because that seed / thought leads to other wicked places on the internet..we men are weak..so the Biblical remedy is to FLEE get off the internet.. My wife has my password..when I'm done with this thread I log off....this has been working very well..When I get bored and surf the net..I tend to get in trouble...this is not good

It is not easy for me to just go..You guys who I'm close to have my phone number..please feel free to call anytime..Except school hours. [ -; ..I'll get in trouble.

God bless,
Chuck7

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.