HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tuning help please
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:19 AM
spaniel
Nontypical Buck

Default Tuning help please

I shoot a Reflex SuperSlam with a QAD Ultra-Rest Pro Series. I have not shot it a lot in a few years, and my recollection was that it shot fine back then. Now, however, I observe the arrows swerving a decent amount in flight. The only thing I changed was taking the draw weight down. I just put it back up (maybe 3-5 lbs, 1 screw rotation) to see if it may be a spine issue and while it may have helped some, not much.

I just shot it through paper from 10 ft -- I can post a pic later if it helps -- the fletching is going through about 1 to 1.5 inches higher than the tip at that distance; obviously I have a problem.

I do not have a bow square or tool to move the nocking point. Eyeballing it with a carpenter's square, all I can detect is that if I put the square on the top of the shaft by the nock (while holding the rest all the way up) the shaft is 1/8" or a little less low a foot down the shaft where the square ends.

Any advice on how to proceed is appreciated. I'd like to know where to start as I have a big hunt coming up out west in a few weeks and if I need to take this in to a shop it will be a drive, and I'll only get one chance to get it fixed.