HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics Delima
Thread: Ethics Delima
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
scottycoyote
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nodog
Never.

Guy pays money to shut out other hunters and the guy who recieves the money feels offended. I couldn't possibly explain the wrongs because it would be in a forgien/ nother world language.

How did your father inlaw contact them?

Ethics question indeed.
their property would never be considered abandoned? As owner of rental property, many times ive had to deal with people moving out and leaving stuff, and if i had to keep their stuff forever so they could come get it at their leisure, id have to own 2 warehouses to store it all.
To me this is no different, when your lease ends.....you know if you have stuff left there, and you know if you want it back or not. If you dont make a reasonable effort to get it in a timely manner, its abandoned and thats it. I think in virginia the renter has a month or maybe 2 (its been awhile since ive had to do it), and then it belongs to me......i can do with it what i want.

You rescued the property from destruction, so these guys should be saying thank you instead of raising hell. Me personally, i would proabably give it back to them if they were nice about it just in an effort to not cause waves, but i dont think id take an inch of crap about it.