HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WOW! What a boat ride!!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Yes we had a great day Warren that is for sure.. It is always great to be out on the water IMO..Sunday when we were out the swells were running two and ahalf to three feet. So we kept out quite a ways and could not really tell what was causing the water to spray up like it did. I was thinking stripers only because when I was down Southern Maine I saw stripers coming completely out of the water. When they hit the water they sounded like a large piece of pulpwood landing in the water. We couldn't hear or see what exactly was causing it though. We saw this several times when coming up through. They were alot closer to the shoreline than we were. Maybe blues though I wouldn't really know. The mackeral normally stays in the bay until around mid September or a little later. They have come in a little early this year though and are running small for the most part.

I have not seen many turkeys since last spring but they are around here now. I got a chance to shoot both my allow toms this spring. One of them was a jake though. We have a doe and a fawn or two around the house here and I live right in town. I have not seen any fawns but the doe has her milk bag so I know she has at least one around my house some place handy. I am sure they will be showing up together before to long.
Take care,
Phil