Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
WOW! What a boat ride!! >

WOW! What a boat ride!!

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

WOW! What a boat ride!!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I kind of got the ocean bug after my successful ground fishing trip in May. I have been through about half of the haddock and cod fillets I brought home and need to get more. I ordered a rod/ reel and it will be here in the next few days. I also ordered 6 lav jigs in 12oz along with a few teaser flys. I have been practicing tieing knots like for a dropper loop, and different knots used to join braid to mono. My next trip is on Sept 23 for a 12 hour marathon 6 pack with the same group I went with in May. Will probably go the day before and take a look at Kittery Trading post since my brother who is going wants to get a rod and reel. I'll probably pick up a few items like bait rigs and bank sinkers just so I have some of my own. Last trip we mostly fished with bait and only one of the group did anything on jigs. That day was a bait day but I want to be prepared if the jigs are working better. Strange but we didn't catch any polluck which was disappointing since I love eating them too. I probably won't get another trip in this year due to hunting season and the fact that I will be going out of state for 2 different hunts. Next spring I plan to go often even if I have to fish the party boats most of the time. Warren, PM me with any tips you have on jigging technique. I had a hard time finding the lav jigs but since the original owner sold the business there is a company making them in Holyoke Mass.