HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Much do you guys pay for your hunting lease?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:57 AM
GPMD
Fork Horn

Default How Much do you guys pay for your hunting lease?

I was just wondering how much everyone pays for their hunting lease and for how many acres? I live in Maryland for 6 years and NJ for 25 so I'm used to northeast hunting where its either "pay to play" or hunt shoulder to shoulder on public land. In NJ I definitely didn't have the money so made the best of public lands and actually did ok. I always dreamed of having my own land. When I moved to Maryland, I rented a farm house where the surrounds 800 acres of crop fields/woods were leased by a hunting club. They knew I loved hunting and would stop by a few weeks before the season and ask what I've been seeing in the area etc and I had no problem teliing and helping out. Things finally started getting good for me the same year they were looking for a new member. I scraped up the money and joined and loved it. I joined the following year as well at a slight increase for everyone. I just heard now that our rate will be $5750 (after insurance) for the club. We're trying to keep member numbers low of course but its getting pricey now. Of course I'm paying with not really thinking about it so im part of the problem but it seems to be getting quite high. Public land hunting is awful in maryland unless i want to travel over an hour which has a lot to do with it.
So my question is, how does that price compare with everyone else?