HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics Delima
Thread: Ethics Delima
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:31 AM
sconnyhunter
Nontypical Buck

HTML Code:
Sconny since you are so quick to call someone a thief let me give you a little advice. Don't throw rocks in your glass house.
Don't try to back out now. You did them a favor, by removing their stands and feeder for them.
Now your trying to keep their property?
After admitting they have contacted you to attempt to retrieve that property.

I'll consider the source of the advice.

HTML Code:
Here are a few facts that I did not post since I was looking for opinions, not to be called names

Why did you not give those details in the OP. That may have given more insight to what was happening, thus allowing those who you asked for advice more information. Allowing them to give a better answer.

HTML Code:
1-Legally their lease ended on 1-16-11. It was a year to year lease with no guarantee of renewal from year to year.
Doesn't matter when the lease ended, the stands are legally theirs, not yours. As the property owner, you could have tried to contact them to remove them.

HTML Code:
2-The previous years they renewed the lease on March 1. When they inquired about renewing the lease on March 1 they were told they were not going to be able to lease it again for several reasons 1 of which was the property was for sale.
See above.

HTML Code:
3- They never inquired about it again or their stands until yesterday.
So since they have now contacted you about their property, you are obligated to return it.

HTML Code:
4- The property was sold on April 2, 2011. I bought out one of the partners so now I legally own the property along with my father-in-law.
It matters not when the property was sold. You still have their stands, and are obligated to return them.

HTML Code:
5-According to the State of Ga. they abandoned the stands and have no legal claim to them.
That is a matter for a judge and lawyers to settle. Since they have a good idea who has the stands and feeder, they may sue to get them back.

HTML Code:
6-Would it change your opinion of the hunters to know that 2 of the stands I took down were within 40yrds of a feeder and  during the 2010-2011 hunting season baiting in the state of Ga. was illigal.
Not even a little bit. They didn't come on here, and ask for advice about returning items that didn't belong to them.
For all you know them may be members here, and you have just admitted to taking their stands.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 08-13-2011 at 12:00 PM.