HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics Delima
Thread: Ethics Delima
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:50 PM
gulfcoasthunter
Fork Horn

Default Ethics Delima

Need some opinions. My father-in-law owns a piece of property in Ga. that he has leased to a group of guys for the last 4 or 5 years. In March he told them that he was not going to lease it to them this year because he may sell it or he had someone else interested in leasing it. Well never heard from them again and the beggining of June he decided to have the hardwood timber cut off the property. I went with him to the property the day a couple of days after the loggers got started cutting and noticed several stands. Knowing the loggers were going to either take the stands or tear them down I took the several of the stands down. 2 ladder stands, 2 lock ons, 1 tower stand, 1 feeder. I have the stands at my farm a few mile away and told my father-in-law that if they called for them in a reasonable time frame they were more than welcome to them . They called yesterday raising he** about their stands. My father-in-law told them I took them down to keep them from being destroyed and he would get in touch with me about it. I live in Fl., Father-in-Law and the stands are in Ga.
Part of me feels like telling them tough sh** . They have had 5 months to get them and did not. As a hunter I would hate the thought of losing my stands but I would not leave them there that length of time either.
What would ya'll do?