HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Change in the wind?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

This is why I believe it is important to be as scent free as possible. I know it's impossible to be totally scent free, but every ounce of protection could make the difference in going home empty handed or not. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the wind rarely blows in the same direction all day. Most winds are variable. It could be blowing from the south one minute, and from the east the next. There is not much you can do when the wind decides to change directions. If it's a steady prevalent wind, let's say a north wind, then I will try to hunt a stand that better suits that wind. If I'm already in the stand and the wind changes, I'll just stay put. I know I've done my best to be as scent free as possible. I've had many deer walk right by me downwind and never knew I was there. I've also been busted many times, but not as much as I would have if I hadn't used scent control. Scent free soap, detergent, Arm & Hammer deodorant, and rubbing natural weeds on my clothing. This is my routine.