HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New summit openshot sd, broken out the box... disapointment
Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
louie6014
Fork Horn

Another update, Decided to climb again tonight with the replacement stand. I put some one inch foam around the hand climber rails where your forarm contacts it, and then hit it with some cloth/ camo tape and a few zip ties as directed by a bass pro shops review I read. Made a world of difference. Also helped my sweaty palms some. No idea why they wouldnt do this from the factory? I attached my HME bow holder to the platform, worked suitable. Took some shots from about 14' up, both sitting and standing. No issues with being close to the tree. Sitting shots were very comfortable and accurate, my knees actually got in the way more than any other issue. I did knock the top half loose.. while climbing down and reaching up for my harness to slide it down some, my torso pushed up on the top half and it fell to my feet. (again earlier in my reviews I said it so light you cant hang a bottle of water from it). Guess Im going to stick it out with this stand. I think it will work alright, maybe my hopes were set too high for a hand climber as they are more of a chore than alot realize. And I started out this post with a bad taste in my mouth about summit. Again I was set on one for bowhunting as its all I do, and I wanted pack-ability. Probably going to add other back pack straps.