HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New summit openshot sd, broken out the box... disapointment
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
louie6014
Fork Horn

Default New summit openshot sd, broken out the box... disapointment

Well Ive been looking at the open shot and the lone wolf stands for archery.. finally bit the bullet and ordered a openshot sd. Got it out the box, assembled it, was pretty stoked, its a little small but It makes up for it in weight savings. Hiked into the woods just to do some glassing, and sit a while/ fine tune things, got it on the tree and noticed a 4" crack where the tubing bender flares the pipe back to accomadate/ weld in the teeth and bracing. Started looking a little harder, some welds were not that impressive, and fit in finish over all not so good, seat bar is warped, and some areas are not powder coated all the way. I took pics and contacted summit via e mail... Then called as I got no reply.. "O yea we got your e mail, well go ahead and drop ship out a new one". Still giving them the benefit of the doubt, 4 days later I get a return label to send back my old one. Call them up... "your new stand hasnt shipped yet, there were none on hand and one had to be made". (Really? Really?!) I requested the new one be inspected before shipping, cause I put my life on the line using their product. With a snippy tone I was told it will be on its way soon, and I will be e mailed the shipping info. Keep yall updated, it may be for sale and I might go look into lone wolfs just for the fact that this was a pain, and customer service gos along way in my eyes. Sorry for the rant lol